Training Course Types
What Is TEFL, CELTA, TESOL?
TEFL = Teaching English as a Foreign Language – Is the name of the industry which encompasses two major certificates, the Cambridge CELTA (Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults) and the Certificate TESOL or similar (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) such as ITO (International TEFL Organization – Our partner).
TESOL = Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. A more modern term which encompasses both TEFL & TESL. All of the above are used interchangeably in practice worldwide, they all mean virtually the same. This term refers to the certificate you will receive on most TEFL courses.
CELTA = Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults. A very intensive TEFL course where the qualification is awarded by Cambridge ESOL, part of the University of Cambridge. Generally speaking, you should possess a high level of grammar knowledge before enrolling on a CELTA course.
An International TEFL Organization (ITO – Our partner) approved course is Ideal for beginners or experienced teachers and especially for those whose grammar isn’t strong. You will learn how to teach all levels (children, adults, beginner, advanced, business, one-on-one) giving you multiple employment options.
The TEFL and CELTA training courses are directed to our business partner eEnglish and International TEFL Organization.
Cambridge ESOL ( TKT = Teacher Knowledge Test )
This is an optional extra online course and in-class exam. It focuses on the teaching knowledge needed by teachers of primary, secondary or adult learners of English, anywhere in the world.
Awarded by Cambridge ESOL, part of the University of Cambridge, TKT is internationally recognized, highly respected and a benchmark for quality. This is an excellent addition to your TEFL/TESOL certificate course and will greatly enhance your job prospects, confidence and even your salary!
Although you can study the course online, you must take the Cambridge ESOL exams at any authorized centre. There are over 2,700 centres in 130 countries. They must meet high standards of professional integrity, security and customer service, and are subject to inspection by Cambridge ESOL.
TEFL (With TKT) AND CELTA COURSE
- Train. Interview. Teach. Test Drive For Just $1
- Accredited 120-Hour TEFL / TESOL Online Training Course
- Gain An Internationally Recognised TEFL/TESOL Certificate After Just 2 Weeks TEFL Training
- Cambridge ESOL (TKT) Online Certificate Course. This is an excellent addition to your TEFL certificate course
- Teach Online with one of our approved partner schools
- No BA Degree required
- Earn up to 50% more than the other online teaching companies
- Lifetime Job Club membership. Job guarantee* after successfully completing our online TEFL course *subject to interview
- One Time Investment
- CELTA Course. Fully Accredited 120-Hour, 4-Week In-Class Course
- Join our global network of over 160 affiliated private CELTA schools in 52 countries, spanning every continent
- Online TEFL/TESOL Preparation Course to get you up to speed!
- Earn up to *100% more than the other online teaching companies offer *depending on hours worked
- Job guarantee after successfully completing the CELTA course *subject to interview
- CELTA Applications are subject to a video interview and entrance exam